Monday, December 26, 2016

An Eco-Trick for Making Stainless Steel Shine


I run a small house cleaning company called Kitsap Clean, and recently I had a customer who was having trouble keeping fingerprint marks and spots off of her stainless steel refrigerator. I tried many of my usual products - eco-orange spray, vinegar glass cleaner, etc. - but nothing was working long term.

So, to the internet to learn how to keep stainless steel appliances clean naturally. There are loads of questionable products out there that you can use to clean your refrigerator or stove, but I wanted a green cleaning solution.

After visiting numerous websites and watching several videos, I came upon a great solution: coconut oil! (Olive oil also works, but I love the smell of coconut oil and this is a great way to help our clients homes smell wonderful).

How do you use coconut oil to keep a refrigerator? Take a small amount on a microfiber cloth and run it into the stainless steel of a refrigerator, oven or other appliance. You don't need a lot, just a dab on your cloth.

Then you take another cloth (clean) and wipe the oil back off. This creates a shiny barrier to fingerprints and other marks.

Our client is happy - and so am I, as it makes our job so much easier now that we know the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment